My wife and I put our trust in Ardgowan and we’ve been counting our blessings ever sinceJohn Kincaidsee what we do and how we do it
I want to hear from you. If you have had contact with Ardgowan, I want your your feedback, experience, comment or suggestions.email Anne Mills our CEO directly
We value quality of life
Welcome to Ardgowan Hospice. Our Hospice has been caring for local people for more than 30years by providing the highest quality of care to patients and their families living with a life-limiting illness. Ardgowan’s very foundations are based on - quality of life, dignity, privacy, compassion and individual choice.
We bring this to our everyday world through our Key Values – Caring, Respect, Commitment, Compassion, Sensitivity, Integrity, Trust, Confidentiality and Quality. The majority of Ardgowan’s service focuses on symptom management, rehabilitation and respite assistance, psychological support for patients, carers, families, children and dedicated end of life care.
Our team is passionate about quality in caring for people and from our base in Greenock we offer a range of specialist palliative and end of life care to patients and families across the Inverclyde area. Our team’s incredible commitment to the local people of Inverclyde is given absolutely free with no charge to anyone who needs our support!
At Ardgowan we tailor our services to meet the needs of patients and their families by offering quality care across the whole community - either within our hospice, Inverclyde Royal Hospital and/or in people’s own homes.
Our specialist team offer a comprehensive range of services including:
- Symptom Management
- Psychological & Compassionate Support
- Community Specialist Outreach Service
- Patient Transport Service
- Complementary Therapies
- Lymphoedema Care
- Spiritual Care
- Childhood Bereavement Support
Ardgowan Hospice Mission:
"Ardgowan Hospice, supported by the local community, aims to provide the highest quality of care for patients and families with a life limiting illness."
... plus did you know?
- Almost 1,000 people every year benefit from Ardgowan speacial care.
- Our services cover the whole of Inverclyde (61 square miles)
- It costs £8,500 per day to run Ardgowan Hospice - including Ardgowan Commuity Nursing Services.
- 39% of our annual expenditure is given by NHS GG&C Health Board however, the balance is generously raised and donated by the most generous people of Inverclyde. Thank you to both - without your support, our dedicated care would not be possible!
together we care